Unless otherwise noted, all tickets are available exclusively through Ticket Tomato.
Contact Ticket Tomato at (503) 477-7375 or .
Tickets purchased through Ticket Tomato may be subject to service, handling and delivery charges.
Doors open 60 minutes before showtime. All seats are first-come, first-serve unless otherwise noted.
Day of Show Tickets
Day of show tickets are available when doors open at the Pioneer Chapel Box Office, located just inside Pioneer Chapel. Sales based on availability, though generally available. Day of show tickets purchased at the Pioneer Chapel Box Office are subject to a $2 service fee. Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB, or UnionPay are accepted.
To be notified of new shows please sign up for our semi-regular email list here.
One house production manager will run production at your show. Loaders or any other additional personnel can be provided per advance/budget negotiation.
Note: There is no dedicated lighting designer, the house audio tech can accommodate simple requests. By advance request, we can hang a house screen, either upstage for projection or downstage for movie showings.
Send your stage plot and advance all tech to .
The stage is approximately trapezoidal.
Pioneer Chapel is a small room with little need for amplification. Please plan your set accordingly. Amps will not be mic’d. Please keep drum kits to a minimum.
Width: 20ft at the widest point
Depth: 8ft at the deepest point, center stage
Stage Height (off of the ground): 1ft
The stage is rectangular.
Our event tent is fitting for a full band, however, amps and drum kits will not be mic'd, please plan accordingly.
Stage Height (off the ground): 2ft
Learn more about Pioneer Chapel's Rich History
Since 1884 Canby Pioneer Chapel has proudly shared a very strong heritage and history in the city of Canby Oregon. This grand structure, located on the corner of NW Third and Elm Street, was built in 1884 by the First Methodist Episcopal Church, making it one of the grandest and oldest structures in the state of Oregon. This lovely white-frame building augmented by a steep 40-foot bell tower, in classic Gothic Revival Style, was originally located one block South on Second and Elm Street.
The early Methodist pioneers held their first worship services in private homes, then in two log Schoolhouses before moving services to the white schoolhouse built on the prairie by William Knight in 1875. The O & C Railroad donated 40 acres west of Canby to the Methodist Church in 1872 which was used as a campground and site for annual meetings. Additional buildings were erected for services sometime later. One of these relocated cabins still sits behind the Stogdill-Knight house at 486 SW 2nd Avenue.
By 1884, the need for a church “in town” prompted the construction of our white frame church on what was then called “block eight” of Canby’s 1870 mapped townsite of 24 Blocks. Two lots were donated by the church’s first pastor, Reverend Samuel Mathews. Mathews was a nurseryman, growing trees in the townsite’s western portion. In 1891, he donated a third lot to the Methodists for a parsonage. The house at 569 NW Third was either Mathew’s home or more realistically, the parsonage. In 1910, the church and its two lots were valued at $3,000, but they were soon considered too small. The following year, Frank E. Dodge was hired to build a new Moorish-style church; which still stands and is the current facility for the Church of God in town. At that time, our little white frame building was moved to the north of the lots and turned to face Elm.
St. James Roman Catholic Parish bought Pioneer Chapel in 1912 and moved it to face NW Third at Elm where it stands to this day. Archbishop Alexander Christie dedicated the little Catholic Church on Thanksgiving Day in 1912. Reverend Father Matthew Jonas lived in quarters at the rear of the building; as did his successor Reverend Father Michael Fleming. During the period that Father Jonas served the church (1915-1934), many improvements were made. Parishioners dug a basement under the church which held a wood-burning furnace and later an oil burner. Stained-glass windows created by the famous Povey Brothers of Portland were added; inclusive of the round one which depicts Jesus at the rock in the Garden of Gethsemane. These were given in memory of Dora Wurfel of Barlow. A pump organ provided music for the services. Pressed tin, crafted by Joseph John Klupenger around 1920, adorns the current interior walls.
In the early 1940s, the Catholic church built a rectory next door to house the priest and in 1957, renamed St. Patrick’s Parish, built a new church on NW Ninth. Ownership was maintained by the Catholic church until 1962 when the church and twelve lots were purchased for $28,500 by Mrs. Mina Freyer; a Ninety-One (Whiskey Hill) school teacher.
Various tenants occupied the building; including several church denominations, an antique shop and a dance studio. Sheldon and Catherine Spalding, and Rufus and Betty Jacobson owned the church for a short time before June of 1978 when Joe and Joan Burleson purchased it for the Willamette Academy of Arts. From 1979 until 1989, Christo Fellowship once again held services in Canby’s oldest church. Darlene Key, owner from 1989 to 2005, preserved the historical church. In 2005, Marilyn Nash purchased the little white church and renamed it The Canby Wedding Chapel. In 2015 Marilyn had the vision of turning the Chapel into a beautiful music venue which has been the site for some of the finest musical entertainment in the Northwest. In 2016 Marilyn, Canby Pioneer Chapel Performing Arts founder teamed up with world-renowned musician Michael Allen Harrison who took great pride, investment and promotion in this magical performing arts center.
Marilyn Nash has been an entrepreneur and supporter of small businesses her entire life. In 2016 she received the prestigious Canby Chamber of Commerce Community Choice Award for her tireless efforts in supporting the arts and beautification of the city recognized as the Garden Spot. In 2019 Pioneer Chapel received the Business Beautification Award from Canby Area Beautification for the Chapel's contribution to enhancing the beauty of Canby.
Marilyn's love of music and performing arts will bring to Canby the finest in entertainment and performers from the Northwest and across the country.
We are located at 503 NW 3rd Ave., Canby, OR 97013
Pioneer Chapel's concessions include a variety of wine and beer as well as varied snack items, sodas, coffee, tea and water.
No outside food or drink is allowed into the Pioneer Chapel.
Please find street parking in our neighborhood.
There is no smoking at Pioneer Chapel.
Most shows are All Ages, but please double-check the age restrictions on the event page. Children 2 and under are not required to have a ticket unless otherwise noted on specific events.
The indoor event space holds up to 120 people. The outdoor event tent can hold 200 people.
Our photo policy is determined by each artist on the evening of the show. Please call or ask our staff before entering the venue with your camera.
Our recording policy is determined by the artist, each evening. Please call or ask our staff before entering with your recording equipment.
Pioneer Chapel has a portable ramp upon request.
Refunds for canceled events are available at point of purchase (generally Ticket Tomato).
Most shows are All Ages, but please check the event page for show-specific age restrictions. Please call our box office for any questions regarding age restrictions.
Can I rent the Pioneer Chapel for my event?
You sure can, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
No weapons of any kind allowed inside the venue.
No drugs of any kind or drug paraphernalia allowed inside the venue.